Lymphomaniacs

Life is just one damn thing after another, Mark Twain - cancer survivor

Monday, November 20, 2006

#37 Motocross & Radiation Prep



Hey Gang,

There was a bit of a milestone this weekend! I was able to go riding Motocross at a local track Highlands MX Park with my good friend David. I was able to ride pretty good, but I got kind of tuckered out fairly quick. However, it was a great day and I was able to ride almost as well as before this whole cancer thing. Although, I'm super sore today, Monday 11/20.

Back to cancer treatment news...I had my mold for my back and face made today. It was pretty weird. The mask thing for your face is in all reality pretty uncomfortable and a bit creepy. It's sort of like a weird mesh like wrestler mask that is hot/damp and conforms to your face. The worst part is that it cuts into my adams apple and makes it difficult to swallow, but I will totally deal with it. Once the mold for my back and face were made I received 4 little tattoo dots to help the radiation folks line me up correctly for the lasers.

After all that jazz I was off to the PET Imaging place for another pet scan. This scan will help Dr. Yang determine how long I will need the radiation treatment. This scan was a bit different than the first scan I had done there. I had to haul my molds ands mask for this go round. All in all it was about another 45 minutes in the mask while getting scanned. The best thing to do was to node off and try to sleep. Call me Mr. Excitement.

So there you have it. I'm starting to ride again, but I tire easily and am out of riding shape for sure. I'm soon to start my radiation therapy, the first treatment will be Monday 12/4. Wish us luck and have a Happy Tofurkey Day!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you on the motocross outing! That's happiness.

love,
mom

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the edumucation on radiation, it was actually really nice to learn the mechanics of it for the very fisrt time. My boss Bob just finished his chemo/radiation treatment for throat cancer and has been slowly transitioning back to work part time. I think I won't tell him that my young strapping friend mitch is STILL in treatment and is riding MOTOCROSS! You're incredible, Mitch.

Is there any way they can fashion your tatooed dots into the form of the cartoon goons who were Marvin the Martian's minions? They would go nicely with the Marvin on your arm.

I am in the middle of making plans to come to Texas around Christmas time and am reeeally looking forward to seeing Mitch and Sam. Can we loosly plan for sometime in the week prior to Christmas.

I'm really encouraged by the reports and am sending you much love from Boulder.

Marco

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home