Lymphomaniacs

Life is just one damn thing after another, Mark Twain - cancer survivor

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

#29 It ain't easy being queasy! aka...Chemo Round 6















Hey Gang,

Things are going as normal. I've sort of got a blend of heart burn, indigestion and nausea...but it's not as bad as that, really.

This past chemo session was a bit different because my bro, Lance, was able to take the day off and come to Houston to goto chemo with me! It was awesome. We really lounged and watched some movies and stuff on the ole laptop while I was getting the poison pumped through me. I can't believe I didn't even take a picture of him with my crappy camera phone. Oh well.

I think I'm doing better this week because my white blood cell count is back to normal unlike last session. I hope to be feeling okay/good by the weekend. From what I understand about the CAT Scan we are on track. I have three more chemo sessions to go. Then I'm off for 2 weeks and on to my radiation therapy. Dr. Chu thinks it will be 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week. The first session will take a while, but after that it's supposed to be under 5 minutes a session like getting an X-ray or having my picture taken. I'm not sure of all the side effects, but I'm happy it will be quick at least.

Once again, thanks to all for your good thoughts and vibes, and thanks to Mrs. Bass for the fine apple pie!

Mitch

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitch,
You look like you've gone zero-g in the latest photo. Where was that taken?? I hope chemo is not like going zero-g for 40 parabolas without meds. I'm familiar with that. You're right--It ain't easy being queasy! I guess undergoing chemo is like handling parabolas--much longer parabolas. Ugh. It will all be over one day (I wish IN one day). Sorry you're going through this.
Melaine

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's here it for the white blood cells! Those little guys are surviving the treatment, but the cancer ain't gonna.

I remember you telling me about going up in the zero gravity plan...cool pic! Was that somehow related to queasiness?

Marco

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home