#24 Chemo Rd. 5


Hey Gang,
Yesterday was Chemo Round 5. The first session of the second half of my chemo treatment. I have to be honest, it's beginning to take its toll. Over this past weekend I was really up, feeling absolutely great. That all changed as soon as the chemo was "jacked in" to my port-a-cath. In the past I didn't start feeling the effects of chemo for at least a day or two. This time, the effect was immediate. I now know what chemo mouth is, and it's nasty!
12:47pm Tue 9/26
I just got back from getting my chemo man purse removed. Turns out I will most likely have a CAT Scan next week, probably Mon or Tues. From this they will see if they can lower the Chemo dose and generally see what our progress has been.
I'll let you guys know more, when we know more.
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts and stuff
Mitch
***New Update!
I just got off the phone with Dr. Chu's office. Turns out I have a really low white blood cell count right now. I will be going in tomorrow 11/26/06 at 11am for a shot of Nuelasta to stimulate white blood cell production.
FROM SAM: Sorry to be MIA lately, work work work you know. Truth is, tis difficult for me to write when the going has gotten tough. Hard to not be positive all the time. Having to admit how much cancer sucks. Not being able to fix something for someone I love... blah blah. Gets depressing.
PS I would like to thank Mrs. Hutchinson for the Peanuts video on how children can live within a cancer family and for "the list of ways to help"...You know what we need!
PS Also endless thanks to David and Cindy Tharp for ALWAYS being there, every single chemo day and anytime any mild-to-hard labor is involved...lawn mowin' or furniture movin' or whatever the case may be! They are super friends.
PS Mitch has apparently developed super-human smell powers... he can smell dead roaches from far far away!
TOOTIE: What do we need to ask about this new bump in the road?


2 Comments:
Mitchy! Hang in there, you'll be fine. Just always remember its the chemo makin you sick not the cancer. But you'll be done eventually and you can go back to being super Mitch! Anyway mom and I are thinking about both you and Sam 24/7. I'm sorry your feelin the chemo bad, just let it roll.<3<3! -noel
good grief, charlie brown!!
hey, that hug i gave you this morning was way too half assed. maybe i was afraid i would hurt something inside. is that idiotic or what?
next time, i'm gonna squeeze harder. or maybe i'll just blast right into you like snoop does.
love and wishes that i could do more,
mil
Post a Comment
<< Home