Life is just one damn thing after another, Mark Twain - cancer survivor
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
#8 Been a long day
Hey Gang!
Today was the first full day of chemo (a 6 hr treatment, whew). Real quick, everything went well, our nurse is pretty great. We promise a full update tomorrow to give you guys all the scoop.
good morning from mom in galveston! here's hoping today is a good day for all three of you! would you like some chicken salad with brocolli in it? sans the chicken, maybe? =) prayers and kisses, tery, mom, mil, bramma
we are not allowed to donate blood-1. Marie lived in Germany for four yeas on military bases in the late 70's 2.dad has previous cancers that are not in total remission for sure. when I will be able to donate we always give to OBI vs. Red Cross. Marie will likely never be able to donate again - she always gave plasma due to her HUS-TTP incident. I assume at this point Mitch donating his own blood for any forthcoming surgeries is a moot point?
I do not understand this blog thing, but we love you.
I do not need people to donate blood for me. I usually donate blood for others, but cannot now due to chemo. We thought it would be a nice gesture for folks to donate blood since I cannot.
Secondly, this blog is merely on online newsletter to disseminate information regarding what's going on. Rather than calling 50 people to tell them all the same thing, they can come here to get a quick update as to what is going on. That's all.
Thanks for letting me know what is going on. I would love to give blood (O+), but I lived in Europe after 1980, so they will not let me. I used to before they made this silly rule. As long as you stay positive, you can overcome everything. PS! Don't forget the lollipop if you are doing Kojac!!!!! Love you. Hanne
4 Comments:
good morning from mom in galveston! here's hoping today is a good day for all three of you! would you like some chicken salad with brocolli in it? sans the chicken, maybe? =)
prayers and kisses,
tery, mom, mil, bramma
we are not allowed to donate blood-1. Marie lived in Germany for four yeas on military bases in the late 70's 2.dad has previous cancers that are not in total remission for sure. when I will be able to donate we always give to OBI vs. Red Cross. Marie will likely never be able to donate again - she always gave plasma due to her HUS-TTP incident. I assume at this point Mitch donating his own blood for any forthcoming surgeries is a moot point?
I do not understand this blog thing, but we love you.
David,
I do not need people to donate blood for me. I usually donate blood for others, but cannot now due to chemo. We thought it would be a nice gesture for folks to donate blood since I cannot.
Secondly, this blog is merely on online newsletter to disseminate information regarding what's going on. Rather than calling 50 people to tell them all the same thing, they can come here to get a quick update as to what is going on. That's all.
If you have more questions just let me know.
thanks,
Mitch
Thanks for letting me know what is going on. I would love to give blood (O+), but I lived in Europe after 1980, so they will not let me. I used to before they made this silly rule. As long as you stay positive, you can overcome everything. PS! Don't forget the lollipop if you are doing Kojac!!!!! Love you. Hanne
Post a Comment
<< Home