#31 A couple that chemos together stays together!
Hey Gang,
This past Monday I had a special treat. The ole wife, Sam, was able to break away and come to my chemo session with me. It was great! We mainly just lounged around watching stuff on the laptop while I was getting juiced up. The newer nurse, J or Jay, was being really open and informative this go around. I think she was wanting to make sure that all or any of Sam's questions were answered. Sam even got us thai food for lunch, super cool.
Just an hour or so ago I got the man purse(overnight chemo bag) removed. It's getting harder each session to tolerate that thing at night while sleeping. I rather dislike be connected to this big bag while in bed.
After they removed the bag they showed me my blood work results from last week and my white blood cell count was low again. This means that I promptly received another shot of Neulasta to ramp up the white blood cell production in my body. Fun side effect is having moderate bone pain in your hips and thighs. This should start happening in a day or so if it's anything like last time. Hopefully, I'll forgo the Neutropenic Fever this go round.
Also, Delia is setting up my first consult with my new radiation doctor, Dr. Yang. She says that he is very good and really good at being talkative and making sure everyone has all questions answered and that all the information that needs to be shared has been. Most likely I will meet up with him for the initial consult in a month or so and the radiotherapy will begin!
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys that I'm actually feeling pretty great right now. It could be the energy drink talking, but I'm feeling swell.
[Update]
Turns out my consult with the radiation doctor (Dr. Theodore Yang) will be 11/15/06 at 1pm. His office is located at 4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena, TX 77504, ph# 713.359.1407. Woot!


3 Comments:
Mitch, I know you can hang in there for a little while longer cause chemo is almost over. You're a great patient and cancer slayer!
mom
guess where i am? go on! guess! guess what computer i'm using!
well i was just glad that last night turned out to be somewhat of a family affair after all and that we were all there to enjoy it together!
you're a swell family member, dude.
and i'm downright happy that you are are beating this thing.
and of course, as always, i love you.
Sam and Mitch; I check on you daily.
School is pretty hectic, so I am so thankful that I can keep updated without interrupting those fine lesson plans Sam is making and sharing.
Blessings Sam for the passing of your Grandma...
XXX to Ella,
Sally M.
Post a Comment
<< Home