#34 Last Chemo Day!
Hey Gang,
Got a lot to tell everyone to get you all caught up. Last week I finally started feeling almost normal towards the end of the week. I was even feeling jovial, convivial and above all else ready to BS! Of course, this all happens right before getting struck down again by chemo, but this past treatment should be the last one! Oh yeah, this last chemo treatment was pretty special because my mom, Darlene, was able to come. She drove down from Waco for the weekend and stayed on Monday for the chemo treatment. She got to meet the crew, Delia, J and Dr. Chu. We had a surprisingly good time for being at a doctor's office for 5 hrs. Thanks Mom!
From what I understand here is the timeline of treatment to come:
*11/15/06 Initial consult with Dr. Yang the radiation doc.
*I have been tentatively told that I will have 6 wks of radiation therapy for 5 days a week.
*Every 6 wks I need to get my port-a-cath flushed.
*After radiation I will get 2 months off! Yay...!
*Then I will get a final Pet/CT Scan to check the status of the cancer.
*If it's all gone I will have my port-a-cath removed.
*Resume normal life!
As of right now, I feel okay. I was pretty nauseous last night, but I'm better today. I will probably start feeling kinda lousy tonight or tomorrow, but I hope not.
Wish us well and thank you for your support.


6 Comments:
Glad the chemo will be behind you and that you can see a vacation ahead of you!!!!!
Wishing you well!
Hugs from the East Coast!
Rob and Barbara :D
greetings from nancy, cathey, and daisy in wichita falls! we all send our good vibes your way : )
went to 2livecrew last night.......head hurtin'
Isn't it wonderful to be past this stage of treatment? I enjoyed being with all of you this weekend and with you on chemo day. Dehlia and J are just as great as you said. Hope you're feeling better today 11/10.
love from mom
well, how big an ole' boy are ya?
hey sam-n-mitch,
good luck at your radiation consult. hi to smella and dog kisses to snoop : )
daisy & dick
Post a Comment
<< Home