Lymphomaniacs

Life is just one damn thing after another, Mark Twain - cancer survivor

Sunday, January 28, 2007

#55 The Age of the Follow-Ups...

It seems my period of follow-ups is about to begin. I have an appointment with Dr. Chu for this Thursday 2/1/07 at 3:15pm. (Update: Dr. Yang followup is Monday 2/5 at 8:45am). While I'm there I figure I should get my port-a-cath flushed as well. I hate going around half-cocked with an unflushed port-a-cath...How uncouth. My follow-up with Dr. Yang will be towards the end of Feb.

Also, the ole motocross bike is cleaned up and off to the shop for some TLC/maintenance. Hopefully the weather will oblige and I can get some seat time soon.

I've been seriously hitting the gym and working on the diet and have lost 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I'm in need of getting back to my "fighting" weight.

Although, my homebrew hobby isn't helping me with this...

be good,
Mitch

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam: Thinking of you and thanking you for all you.

Love,
Sally M.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that why we work out...so we can enjoy a beer once in awhile with a little less guilt?

Marco

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For winter, our beer stewierd recommends a hearty amber Heifelweizen, unfiltered, of course. Wheat beers are a lot easier to toast, anyway, and they don't smell as bad.

Good luck.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mitch said...

That's funny about the Hefeweizen comment. The last 3 batches have been Hefeweizen. The new batch that I made Sunday is an English Brown Ale and it sure stunk up the house...

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much you and I have in common: you are working out extensively and I don’t work out at all; you have a homebrewing hobby and I have a home-drinking problem; you let everyone know how you are doing on a weekly basis and I've blogged twice in six months! The parallels are amazing!

Just wanted you to know I’ve been checking up on you, and I am truly happy that you seem to be doing so well.

Good luck with the motocross, and did I mention I have been known to ride a bicycle on occasion? Again...amazing!

Cody

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I love a hefeweisen. Brown ales kinda bite a little to me. I have a huge woodshop here in Virginia, and I chickened out on taking up home brewing again. I got an old fridge for the shop and put in a kegger tap through the door. I've been trying out beers from all over the world. I find that I like just about anything after drinking 6 gallons of it. Is that wrong?

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home